Wednesday, August 19, 2009

School

We've been in school a week!! Here are a few shots of what we've done so far this year:
Day One: We built towers out of playing cards! I've never done this before, and this is a photo of the tower I built with two 7th grade girls :D See the fun stuff we get to do in math class?


Day Two: I introduced Kow to our class. Kow is a stuffed monkey I bought overseas and who doesn't know very much math. He sits in my classroom all day, but doesn't listen to me [what's new?]. So the kids have "Kow Kwizzes" to explain to Kow how to do something mathematical. In this picture, Kow is learning how to add :D [And thanks, Gigi, for making Kow's purple tie!]


Today: We are reviewing how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers [whole numbers both positive and negative] using these two-colored tiles. Eight graders sometimes like to play more than work :O

No comments:

Post a Comment